Sunday, May 2, 2010

my dog

A strange dog comes out of the forest and looks like he wants to have me for dinner. Thank goodness Mom keeps him well fed with table scraps and the occasional slice of bread.They call him "Odee" the coyote. He's missing part of his right, front leg. When you name something, it takes some of the wildness out of the wild creature. It lets you think you've got a chance to be friends.We could have fun, potentially, until he runs down the hill with me in his jaws. That's why Mom keeps a good eye on me and tells me to stay back from the edge of the deck. I scare her once in a while by putting my whole body on that skinny part on the other side of the railing. I love the extra attention, especially with the dog around.It's so funny to hear her get quiet and serious, "Buster. Come back on this side." As if I'm going to get startled and fall off or something. I'm not that clumsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment